Friday 1 March 2013

Challenge 6 - Friendship x


Hey guys, hope you’ve had a lovely February full of flipping pancakes and romantic valentines treats :-) We’ve got some exciting news this month as we have a new (and extremely lovely) DT lady on our team. Her name is Audrey, she’s super talented, and we’re very happy to have her joining us. You can check out her lovely blog at http://hippieaud.blogspot.com x So official hugs and hello’s to you Audrey – loving working with you already x

As always I want to say a big thank you to the girls who joined us on the challenge last month – I really enjoyed the inspiration as I’m trying to get into using die cuts now I’m making cards myself - looks like all of my pocket money pennies will be going towards them in the future :-D I ran the numbers though the Random Number Generator again and the winner for the challenge is:

Ruth

Congratulations me dears – I’ll add your card to the winners wall today x If you email me at flatfriendsboutique@gmail.com using verification code FFC5 with your choice of 4 digis I’ll get them over to you. You can grab your winners badge from the sidebar too – any probs let me know x

As you can see from the title above this month’s challenge is ‘Friendship’ so we’re looking for cute cards for friends :-) I’m sure we’ve all got some lovely friendships to celebrate so hopefully this should be a nice theme – I’m really looking forward to seeing what people do with this one :-D 


A winner will be chosen using the Random Number Generator and announced on the 1st of April (when we launch the next challenge). They will have their choice of 4 free Flat Friends digi’s and their card will feature on our Wall of Fame for the month.

As always a Flat Friends digi must be used for your creation but there are some freebies that can be used if you don't already own one of my designs which can be accessed from the freebies tab above x

Okay I’ll leave you to have a look though the gorgeous inspiration we’ve got from the design team this month – I’ve been having major swoons over these ones – soooo cute!! Thank you ladies – fabtastic as always x x

Big love & Digi Hugs x x


Audrey here, I am the new kid on the block and so thrilled to be part of the Flat Friends DT. I have chosen "Goldi" image from the Fairy Tales category.  I thought she was perfect with her 3 little bear friends. I colored her with Copics and cut out with Sizzix dies.  I have added SU designer paper and cardstock from Bazzill and Taylored Expressions.  My sentiment is from Inky Antics and is cut with MFT die - I think the words fit perfectly with the image.  Ribbon added is from my stash:



Hi everyone, Kathy here. I've made a sweet little card for a friend with Love Ewe image. I think I'll put a sentiment inside that uses a play on words with ewe, like "Thinking of Ewe". I've colored her with copics and added a bitty Trendy Twine bow to her hair and paired her with some Crate papers. The little sheep is coated with flock for a bit of texture. Hope you will take some time and play along this month!



Sally - Hi folks, this is my "Friends" Challenge for this month. I chose this image as I am sure everyone needs a big hug now and again. I coloured the image using promarkers and flexmarkers. I chose some background papers from my crafty stash and mounted the image on one of my favourite Spellbinder dies. I added a sentiment from Cherry Blossom Lane CD Rom from Polkadoodles and that is it:


Hi all, Sarah here.  So for my card I decided to go bright - do y'think it's bright enough?  I used a Memory Box corner swirl, which I've chopped into pieces and dug out some very bright flowers from one of my (ahem) many boxes.  I layered two flowers up and finished off with a brad. I coloured the image with Promarkers and edged all the papers with one of the same pens that I'd coloured with and swiped some ink all over as well.

The sentiment is one I've had for ages and I inked around it while it was still in the die.  I thought maybe it could be sent to a friend who needs a hug:



Em - Hiya guys x For my card I decided to go with the ‘Deer Friend’ digi and tried to make an outdoor scene for the layout as I thought it would fit quite nicely with the design. For supplies I used the Marshmallow clouds' die from Memory Box, the blue paper for the sky came from the 'Away We Go' My Mind's Eye paper pad, and the Green Paper which I cut for grass came from the 'Dwell' My Mind's Eye paper pad. To lift the front of the card up to give a bit of a 3d effect for the cloud I used some foam squares. I had originally intended to put a ‘Deer Friend’ sentiment on the front to make it fit nicely with the month’s challenge theme but made the mistake of sticking everything down and then realising I didn’t have a perfect spot to place a sentiment lol :-D To solve the problem (aka cheat) I decorated the inside of the card too and added the sentiment there (pic on my personal blog). Everyday’s a learning day as a card making newbie but I’m loving it  :-) x x



12 comments:

  1. Thank you!! I will email you Emma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome hun x x Just let me know your choices and I'll get them straight over to you x x x

      Delete
  2. I am sorry - I do not understand how to upload to the blog using this linky - I tried to enter my link but it gives a warning. Here is my link http://ilikepaper01.blogspot.com/2013/03/shopping-friend.html
    So sorry I am having trouble.

    If you need to contact me my email without spaces is utb 01 @ att dot net
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry you had trouble adding hun - I'll try to pop on myself for you today - saw your card on the link and it's super cute x x Thank you for entering, Em x x x

      Delete
  3. I had trouble too....hope I've done it properly!
    Great challenge, gorgeous digi's...thanks!
    Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey sweetie sorry you had trouble adding too - yours is showing on here fine though - such a cute card x x Thank you so much for entering, Em x x x

      Delete
  4. Thank you for uploading my card - have a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your challenge blog and the flat friends :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sweetie - I love your card - it's beautiful x x

      Delete
  6. Just got in by the skin of my teeth Emma!!!!. Thank you for the awesome challenge and I am totally loving your new CD chick. Happy Easter to you honey. Love and hugs Clare xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much hun x x Love your card - lush as always x x Happy Easter to you too - hope you're having a goodun x x

      Delete