Wednesday 1 May 2013

Challenge 8 - Punches x





Okay guys, seriously, where did April go? I'll be starting my happy count down to Crimbo before we know it - the months are flying by so fast! :-) I can't believe it's been a month since our last challenge - it's been a busy month for me with two lovely weekends down south to visit our gorgeous family and friends and we've had friends up to stay and lots of over-eating/drinking evenings which always go down nicely :-) The good food diet I promised myself after the Easter bank holiday hasn't started yet lol - perhaps this month... :-D x x

As always, I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who found the time to enter our challenge last month. It's such a treat for me every time I see one of my little drawings on a beautiful card and, once again, we had some really beautiful entries x x

I've run the numbers though the Random Number Generator again and the winner for the Stitching challenge is:

Donna

Congratulations hun – I’ll add your card to the winners wall today x If you email me at flatfriendsboutique@gmail.com with your choice of 4 digis I’ll get them over to you. You can grab your winners badge from the sidebar too – any probs let me know x

As you can see from the title above this month’s challenge is ‘Punches’ and the girls have come up with some gorgeous designs for this one - I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with x x




A winner will be chosen using the Random Number Generator and announced on the 1st of June (when we launch the next challenge). They will have their choice of 4 free Flat Friends digi’s and their card will feature on our Wall of Fame for the month.

As always a Flat Friends digi must be used for your creation but there are some freebies that can be used if you don't already own one of my designs which can be accessed from the freebies tab above x

I’ll leave you to have a look though the gorgeous inspiration we’ve got from our wonderful design team this month - stunning work as always ladies - thank you x x x

Digi Hugs and xx's



Audrey here and great minds must think alike LOL b/c Sarah and I chose the same new digi "Bee Happy."  I however, decided to color her like a ladybug after finding this cute DP in my stash.  I colored her with Copics and Sakura glitter pen and cut with Nestie.  I used an all around punch on the purple frame and sentiment is cut with an SU punch.  I added seam binding bow in the lower corner and Prima pearl flourish on the upper right.  I sure hope you like it and will come join the challenge :)





Kathy here sharing my card for May. I love punches, use them almost every time I create. For this one I used a Martha Stewart border punch and two SU word window punches. My image is called Paige - "I Love You". She is so sweet and fun to color. I hope you will grab some of your punches and join us this week.



Hi Ladies, It's Sally here from very rainy Germany! Here is my May challenge card. The theme is punches so I picked one of Emma's new designs, coloured her in with Graph it marker pens, added a little detail to the card on the image. Matted the image on pink card stock and used a Martha Stewart punch (around the page) to edge it. Then chose some papers from the Pen & Paper No.5 CD Rom from www.polkadoodles.co.uk  matted them on kraft cardstock added a bow and a die cut flower border. There you have it!
Hello all, Sarah here - punches, hmm!  Well I used to use them a lot before I went over to dies but they are a bit neglected at the moment.  I think they were glad for the outing!

I used one of Emma's newer digis, coloured her in with my Promarkers, added glamour dust to her wings, and cut her out.  I picked my papers and stitched them to my backing card.  I used a circle punch to create the scalloped boarder and the flowers.  A sentiment stamp and some bling in the flowers and I was done.  Hope you like!


Hey guys, Em here x I really enjoyed making this card - turns out I love working with punches :-) I like to keep my cards pretty simple and once I’d done the doily punching I was like – ‘yeah that’s pretty cute – I’m done’ - thank you Martha :-D I kept wondering if I should add bits to it but decided in the end to just chuck on a bit of string and stick with what I had so here it is – for the digi I went with ‘Colour me Happy’, the paper is from (can you guess) yes – My Mind’s Eye ‘Away We Go’. I seriously need to give another paper pad company I go – seems cruel to be sooo in love with 1 company lol – shall try to share the love one day soon :-) For the card base I used Papermania Tall Card Blanks (Kraft), the Tonic Studio Cutter to round off the white card edges, and of course the punch is Martha Stewart – ‘doily’.


8 comments:

  1. Hello Everyone, such beautiful cards as always. I love how the one image has been used in two different ways. :) I don't own any punches so I won't be able to join in this month, but I'll hopefully see you in June. :)
    Sara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sara x x hope you're having a lovely Friday - I've just left work and the bank holiday joy has officially kicked in - wish we could have one everyone week :-D have a good one, Em x x

      Delete
  2. Awesome cards and glad I found you guys, fab challenge.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful DT creations and thanks for a great challenge Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much ladies x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read the rules and I am not using the correct image. Please delete my entry and I will submit one with the correct image...cheers, aNNIe xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oky dokey, my card is now published using the fab em canning CD..xxxx

    ReplyDelete