Friday 1 February 2013

Challenge 5 – To Die For x



Hiya guys, I can’t believe it’s been a month since our last competition! Where did January go? It’s a bit of a blur with the snow and the below zero temperatures – I’ve been carrying my hot water bottle around with me all month :-D Hope you’ve all been having fun snow angel’ing your way around :-)  x 

Before we start we’ve got a little bit of sad news as we’re saying goodbye to a couple of our gorgeous DT girls – Fabi & NJ. It’s with a heavy heart that I say farewell as we absolutely loved having them on the team and I’ll always be thankful for all the help they gave me whilst we were getting this site going (as I literally had no idea what I was doing) :-D I’m sure you’ll join me and the girls in wishing them the best for the future and, thanks to the wonderful lands of Blogger and Facebook, we’ll be able to keep in contact with them (and an eye on their gorgeous work) in the future.

We will probably look to add a couple more peeps to the team over the next couple of months but I thought I’d take this opportunity to give myself the kick up the bottom I needed to get going at card making myself {{{nervous}}} so I’ll be joining in with the girls for a bit to keep the numbers up – be kind – I’m a card making newbie :-D

Right, on with business – a massive thank you to everyone who joined in with us last month – there were some truly beautiful cards and it always makes my day when I see a new entry – I don’t think that feeling will ever go away – I just love seeing the digi’s being played with! - Thanks for keeping the smile on my face throughout the cold month of January ladies x x I ran the numbers though the Random Number Generator again and the winner for the White on White challenge is:

Donna

Congratulations chick – I’ll add your card to the winners wall today x If you email me at flatfriendsboutique@gmail.com using verification code FFC4 with your choice of 4 digis I’ll get them over to you. You can grab your winners badge from the sidebar too – any probs let me know x

As you can see from the title above this month’s challenge is ‘To Die For’ so we’re looking for cards where a die cut has been used – doesn’t matter which one - any die will do :-) I’m super excited about this challenge as I got my first ever die cutting machine recently and it will be really nice for me to get some ideas for the shopping list (sorry to hubster if you’re reading this – could be an expensive month) :-D


A winner will be chosen using the Random Number Generator and announced on the 1st of March (when we launch the next challenge). They will have their choice of 4 free Flat Friends digi’s and their card will feature on our Wall of Fame for the month.

As always a Flat Friends digi must be used for your creation but there are some freebies that can be used if you don't already own one of my designs which can be accessed from the freebies tab above x

There’s some seriously cute inspiration from the design team this month – thank you ladies – they truly are To Die For as always x x x

Happy Crafting & Digi Hugs x x


Hi, it's Kathy here! I rarely make a card with out dies, they are one of my favorite crafty tools. For this challenge I just had to use Crafting- To Die For. Isn't she cute? Perfect for cards for those crafty friends who you know will appreciate (and not throw out) a lovely hand made card! I colored her up and paired her with some Nestabilities oval dies, MFT border and rolled rose dies, and a PTI banner die. Hope you will join the challenge and show us what die cuts you love.
Hello Patty Here! Mostly all of my cards has some dies or cut out.... today my dies and my cutting machine are the most use and love craft tool i have.  I used Paige I Love you- which will be great for Valentine's day, maybe add some hearts or pink & white layers. I colored her with my prismacolors pencils.


Sally - Hi everyone, this is my favourite card so far using this wonderful image. I coloured her with promarkers and cut her out. I embossed some white pearlescent cardstock using a large Spellbinders embossing folder, and went over it with pan pastels. Cut out a window/ aperture using the new dies from Tonic, cut out again and then put acetate through an embossing folder which looks like pouring rain on the window panes. Stamped the image on a piece of card, coloured it in and adhered it to the window pane. I adhered the window to the outside of the aperture with Pinflair 3D glue. Matted and layered the window card onto baby blue and navy cardstock. Cut out a Spellbinders fancy label and adhered the sentiment "Sorry you are feeling under the weather" on top!



Sarah Hello everybody, can't believe it's February and time for a new challenge!!  My the time is flying along already!

So my card - I used Geeky, from the Back to School collection (and boy it took me a long time to decide which image to use, they are all soooo fab!). I coloured with my Promarkers then cut her out first with Floral Ovals die from Spellbinders, I then dusted Spun Sugar Distress Ink around the image, while it was still in the frame, then went back and die cut her out again with an Oval nesties die.  I then stuck the image directly to the patterned paper, stuck down the hearts border, Memory Box: Twirled Heart, over the image but under the frame which I popped up on 3d foam for depth.  The heart in the corner is waste from the border - and voila! The card you see before you.

Thanks for listening!


Em – Hi again guys x For my card I went with the Taylor ‘Camping Day’ digi along with papers from the My Mind’s Eye ‘Away We Go’ paper pad which I’m absolutely in love with. I’m developing a serious addiction for My Mind’s Eye papers and have a sneaky stash growing in my craft cupboard ready to be played with – they’re ridiculously cute and I wish I could decorate my whole house with them :-D For the dies I went with ‘Labels Eight’ from the Spellbinders Nestabilities collection and the ‘Marshmallow Clouds’ die from Memory Box. I cranked them through my new best friend Mr Big Shot and built up the layers using foam pads. I really really enjoyed making this and loving being an official team member – could get used to this card making! :-D x x 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Emma, I'm delighted to have won your last challenge and I'm very excited to be able to chose some images as my prize...I'll drop you an email later and well done on your card this week, it's beautiful. Fab DT inspiration from the other ladies too! I will definitely be joining in this month's challenge :) Donna ♥ x

    PS: I've added the winners badge to my sidebar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much sweetie - I absolutely love your style - I spent some time swooning over your blog work earlier - right up my street x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Emma, I'm all embarassed now lol! I've just entered this month's challenge using one of the digi's I won :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol thanks Donna - another stunning card chic x x

      Delete
  4. Lovely cards from the design team. I was hoping to enter but the digi's I bought last night still aren't available for download :(

    ReplyDelete