Saturday 1 February 2014

Challenge 17 - More Than 1 Fold x

Hiya :-) Thanks for popping by xx I can't believe it's been a month since our last challenge - last time I was writing one it was the early hours of New Year's Day and I was getting ready to crawl back under the duvet :-D Today I'm in a much more excitable mood as the hubster and I are off to Ireland in a couple of hours for a long weekend with a couple of our best friends. 

My Grandma, who I was very close to, was born in Ireland and I've always wanted to visit so we jumped at the opportunity when we were offered somewhere to stay. Unfortunately we're not there long enough to travel to visit my Irish relatives as they are quite a distance from where we're staying but I'm sure once we've been we'll be keen to go back :-D I'll try to remember to take some pictures in between the drinking and eating so I can put them on my personal blog when I get back xx

Anywho, the reason I'm telling you all of this is that I'm having to write my challenge post a bit earlier than I would normally as we haven't got Wi-Fi in the house we're staying at in Ireland. The challenge linky widget has just expired so I thought I had better get this post typed up now and schedule it to go live tomorrow morning. I'll add any more DT cards on when we return on Tuesday xx

As always, it was an absolute delight to see all of the gorgeous entries - a massive thank you to everyone who entered xx We had so many entries again that I've decided to tier the number of winners we have moving forward as 1 winner doesn't seem enough when the entry numbers are high. Moving forward if we have 1-10 entries there will be 1 winner, 11-20 entries 2 winners, 21-30 entries 3 winners, and so on. Hope that makes sense :-) xx 

So, I've run the numbers through the random number generator and the winners for the January challenge are:


Heather Mills

tmd

Susan Kennedy

Crafting Vicky


Congratulations guys – I’ll get your cards added to the winners wall asap. 

Please email me with your choice of 4 digi's to flatfriendsboutique@gmail.com and I'll email them over to you as soon as I can (I'll have access to the internet from Tuesday the 4th of Feb) xx


Right, onto the next challenge – we're going for cards with more than 1 fold this month and I think it's going to be a fun one - I can't wait to see all the cool designs that pop up :-) 


The winner/winners will be chosen using the Random Number Generator and announced on the 1st of next month when we launch our March challenge. As always, I've put some inspiration from our awesome DT ladies below for you - a big thank you to them from me - absolutely stunning creations as always xx 

Sorry guys, I know I've talked a lot today but I did want to say one last thing before I head off on my hols :-) Unfortunately for us our lovely Sarah has had to step down from the design team. I just wanted to say how much we'll all miss her - she's been an absolute pleasure to work with over the last year or so and such a great help to me in the background as I fumbled around not having a clue what I was doing :-D You can still follow her gorgeous work on her blog at http://createdbysarah.blogspot.co.uk/ - if you're not already familiar with her site you should pop on over there when you have a mo. Right that's enough from me - off to finish packing. See you next month - have a lovely Valentine's day whatever you're up to, Em xx


Digi hugs and xx's



Hello, Angela here!  I hope you enjoy our challenge this month...I thought it was super fun!  The biggest challenge for me was deciding what to make after I started researching all the "fun folds" out there!  I decided that candy was perfect for February and went with a "Treat Box Card"; it really was quite simple to do.  I hope you will play along with us...I can't wait to see your "fun fold"!




Hey everyone! Kathy here with a circular easel card to share. This is my favorite "go to" card for a fancy fold type challenge. This one will be my husband's Valentine. I used the new Be Mine? image that Em just released, isn't she cute! There are lots of tutorials on the internet for different sorts of folds, hope you will join the challenge and play along with us.




Hi Everyone ~ Laura here! I really enjoyed today's Challenge, and I know you will too. It is your chance to make something a little more involved than normal, and that is always fun! Being understated is not really my strength.  :-) The tutorial I used, as well as the supplies, are all listed on my blog here. Thanks for peeking and have a Happy Valentine's Day!  



Sally - Hi there.  This month's challenge is "More than one fold" card. I made a gatefold card and covered the front with matching paper. Made a banner and adhered it to the right of the card. Printed out this little guy holding a heart cushion and coloured him in using Graph it markers. For the inside I wanted to have a focal point. I used some embossed cardstock, then cut a die cut heart, two little hearts and a key.  To finish off, I printed out a sentiment saying "You hold the key to my heart".


Hiya guys, Em here x I really loved making my card for this challenge as it pushed me to do a more complex design than I’m used to :-) I thought a box design might be a cute idea for a valentines card as you can put a love voucher in or something :-D I coloured my digi with copics and glued her onto the inside of the box (leaving the balloon string unstuck to give a little bit of a 3 effect inside). On the outside of the box I used a couple of My Mind’s Eye papers and made a little slip to hold the box closed. I've put links for the products and box card tutorial I used on my blog xx





Remember that you don't need to use a Flat Friends digi to enter our challenges anymore but there is an extra prize on offer if you do :-) A list of the challenge rules can be found on the tab at the top of this page xx

10 comments:

  1. ohhhh wow fabulous inspiration from the DT and so excited to be a winner! Thank you so much!!! Congrats to the others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful trip. It sounds like fun.
    Congrats to all the winners.
    Wonderful projects everyone.
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh waow!! some very inspiring cards!! thank you dt!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For more information on Nasolabial Folds Treatment Delhi, Visit www.skindelhi.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous designs by the team. Very inspirational.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Think this is my first time playing with you and I love the DT inspiration - thanks for sharing!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful dt inspiration. Thanks for the fun challenge ladies.

    Smiles Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely DT inspirations! Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete